Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Jot Magazine | September Mood Board

Hi there everyone! Today I am sharing this gorgeous mood board for Jot Magazine. All the inspiration pieces were carefully chosen by the lovely Mardi and I personally think, she's found a winner!



I really adore this colour combination and have tried to use every element on the mood board that I possible could! LOL!

"The Almost Selfie"

products used: cs - DCWV, American Crafts; pp - Maggie Holmes, Jillibean Soup; alpha - American Crafts; other - Jillibean Soup Happy Hues paint, Echo Park stickers, Crate Paper chipboard & ephemera; tools - silhouette portrait, typewriter.


The story behind this layout is quite simple! One member of our family of six, just plain refused to be in our family selfie. He was too busy enjoying himself running up and down the pathways and climbing trees to be interested in having a silly photo taken! That's life with a five year old! LOL!  So I embraced it, and took the photo without him. *grin* 



As you can tell, I'm never swayed from adding a touch of pink, pretty flowers and butterflies to layouts that has a photo of my boys in it.  To me, these elements represented the outdoorsy nature I took from the mood board. Well... maybe not the pink so much...


I hope you will play along with us over at Jot. There's a great prize to be won this month (like every other month too) but I thought I'd mention that fun fact! Come on over and check out what the Jot Girls have created this month.  Thanks for visiting..x


5 comments:

VERO The Sahm said...

I've seen the moodboard, and already thought it was just perfect with so many things to get inspiration.
Your layout is gorgeous, love what you have done !

Kerry said...

MY Goodness Leanne this layout is absolutely gorgeous! Love the pastel mix with the dramatic black butterfly. Stunning!

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous layout! Lovely mood board!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!! LOVING the story behind it!!! Those 5 year olds have a tendency to do whatever they want! HA!! I loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photo, the colors, the butterfly and the title!!!!!!!

antenucci said...

I love this page Leanne! Everything is perfect.