Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Bella Blvd | Watermelon...

Hey there gorgeous people!  I just want to apologise for my absence of late.  It has been quite crazy in these parts recently and well, hopefully I am starting to get back on track with a few scrappy shares!
 
Today I want to start with a fun, Summery layout that is up on the Bella Blvd blog today.  We are starting to feel the effects of Winter here but not enough so we need to start wearing layers of clothing. In fact, with the freaky weather we're experiencing at the moment, it really does still feel like Summer.  Anyway... I digress...
 
"Watermelon"
 

products used: cs - American Crafts; pp - Bella Blvd (Color Chaos, Lucky Starz); Invisibles - Bella Blvd (Campout); alpha - Bella Blvd (All American); other - Bella Blvd: chipboard pieces, enamel dots, stickers; paint; tools - typewriter, machine stitching.

This week I was challenge to create a layout using the delightful Color Chaos collection and team it up with either Invisibles or Clear Cuts!
 
 
I had such a fun time putting this page together.  I simply layered clusters of patterned paper in a geometric formation (three - one for each of my boys) and used the Color Chaos collection to represent the watermelon! See the Bella Blvd blog here for my meaning. *grin*
 
 
I also chose an Invisible sheet from the Campout collection, which was hand cut to a similar size to the patterned paper, and then machine stitched to the background cardstock.  The chipboard watermelon, perfect for this story, comes from the Bella Blvd | All American collection.
 
 
Thanks for visiting me here today. I hope you will get the chance to check out the other amazing projects from DT members Christin & Corri over at Bella...x
 

5 comments:

VERO The Sahm said...

I love your layout, with all details like you know so well created. Perfect !!

Lizzy Hill said...

IT's such a FRESH looking page, too, to go with the theme! Love the almost PL style cards you've created down the side, & those alphas look good enough to eat, too....no watermelon down here. It's getting cold and dark. We've broken out into soup eating!!!

Lizzyc said...

Yes the weather is crazy! Last Friday we all nearly got washed away and Saturday was perfect! Fabulous layout! Love the watermelon and love the alphas you used for your title too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love this so much! Fun photo and loving the stitching!!!!

Стокли said...

Leanne, it's such a fun and bright page! love it.