Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Scraptastic Club | Pinterest Inspiration...

Hello Friends!  I'm just popping in to share with you a little Pinterest Inspiration over at the Scraptastic Club blog today.  I've had the pleasure of playing with this month's The Girl kit and I put together a combination of images that caught my eye on Pinterest to create this fun (and very glittery) mood board!
 
 
Yes. I did mention I chose The Girl kit right? Well, I just wanted to also share that feminine kits don't always mean feminine layouts!  I was completely inspired by the colours of the mood board and created a layout with my youngest son in mind!

"The 2 of Us"
 

products used: Scraptastic Club Kit - The Girl; Add-on - The Girl; Clear Stamps - We Will Rock You; other - skewer, white cardstock; tools - machine stitching, navy ink, gold ink.
 
The navy ombre patterned paper was the perfect starting point for my 8.5"x11" layout, but I continued the ombre theme, subtly with the navy and gold stamped banner from the We Will Rock You clear stamps.
 
 
The gold glitter from the mood board was another inspiration point for my layout.  Instead of using the bows in a traditional manner, I have emphasised the fun my son and I have at home together by using it as a clownish bow tie. 
 
 
I completed my layout with touches of sea foam coloured embellishments, gold glitter rub-ons and plenty of layers with foam dots to create depth and dimension.  All elements found in and inspired by the mood board shared above.
 

If you would like to see more inspiration created from the Moodboard, please head on over to Scraptastic and play along.  Thanks for visiting...x
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

This is so lovely, those colors look wonderful together, love that photo too..

Kim said...

This I s just amazing Leanne, my new fav of yours!

Heather McMahon said...

Oh wow - this is stunning Leanne! Love what you did with a girl kit!

Tarrah McLean said...

Wow just gorgeous Leanne....your ombre background paper is bang on the inspiration board...beautiful work x

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Wow this is stunning.